CatDogFish is the new source of pet wellbeing and healthcare advice for a new breed of owner.
Are you one of the new breed?
You are if you:
- Love your animal as much as your children. Way more. No contest.
- Love your pet more than your partner. Ditto.
- Have your pet’s picture as your mobile phone wallpaper. And desktop screensaver. And in your wallet to boot.
- Facetime with your pet when you are away.
- Let your dog walk you.
- Plan your pet’s dinner before your own.
- Create your pet’s own Facebook profile. And post on it more frequently than your own.
- Wouldn’t dream of kicking your pet off your bed.
- Have passports for your pets.
- Enroll them in pet daycare. And brag to your friends about which one.
- Let them choose which seat to occupy in the car first.
- Have more meaningful conversations with them than anyone else you know.
- Take a ridiculous amount of pictures of them. Every. Single. Day.
- Look the other way when they bring something dead – or dying – through the door. It’s a gift, after all.
- Make an extra portion of tuna fish just for them.
- Spend more on their neckwear than on your own.
- Plan a trip entirely around their schedule.
- Can’t imagine life without them.
What we believe:
- Pets deserve to be looked after physically and emotionally. Owning a pet is a big responsibility that deserves to be taken seriously, and it starts with keeping your pet healthy.
- Responsible pet parents ensure that they can provide a suitable home, diet, companionship, protection and the opportunity for their pet to live a normal, healthy life.
- There is always more to learn about pets and our relationship with them. The journey never ends.
- There are amazing pet charities doing wonderful work and we pledge a percentage of our profits to them each year.
- Life is short, so make time to laugh. Where there is a chance to see the humour in something, we’ll take it.
- Real service makes a real difference, and we walk the walk.
- We will never stop innovating to help protect pets and build the bond between them and us.
- In supporting amazing people who do amazing things to make animals’ lives better. From animal rehoming charities, to pet therapy to Guide Dogs and on… we salute them all!
- Breeding animals to promote better health is critical to their happiness and well being.
- We align with welfare organisations that invest in changing the behaviour from the start – that espouse and promote responsible pet ownership so no animal is ever abandoned or abused to begin with.
What we don’t believe:
- That it’s ever ok to abuse or neglect an animal.
- That they exist solely for our entertainment, and not the other way around.
- That they should ever suffer in any way, particularly when we have the power to change it.
- Keeping animals as pets for whom you can’t provide a suitable environment, diet, companionship, protection and opportunity to live their normal life.
- Suffering of any kind – whether by shortchanging treatment or neglecting vaccinations, or withholding love and attention – is evil.
- That they understand us, or our behaviour, all of the time.
- That it’s ever ok to breed an animal to have characteristics to ‘look good’, at the expense of its health.